Port of Helsinki Case “Traffic Flow Optimization Through Real-Time Traffic Data” by team “Smart Helsinki” and Stena Line Case “How to Improve the Ferry Turnaround Time in the Port by 10 Minutes?” by team ”Aurora” won the 3rd Award at the 3rd Intelligence Hunt 12.6.2018 in Gothenburg.
Sharing the 3rd position was the only feasible and acceptable option as “Smart Helsinki” and “Aurora”, with less than 0.01 points difference in the jury evaluation. The criteria Jury had were
- The question itself. How well the solution answers the problem?
- Out of the box approaches
- Can the solution be realized? Is the technology available?
- What about the business case?
- Do they have required resources to carry on with development of the solution?
- Clearness of the presentation of the solution
- Team work during the project and in the Finals, feedback received from the Intelligence Hunt project coordinator:
- Leader and the team separately
The team members of Smart Helsinki Yelyzaveta Levytska, team leader, from the Odessa National Maritime University, Ukraina and Pham Trang from the Arcada University of Applied Sciences, Finland.
The team members of Aurora Alyona Bolshakova, team leader, Alina Anisimova and Daniil Tikhonov from the Admiral Makarov State University of Maritime and Inland Shipping, St.Petersburg, Russia, Huong Vu from the Jyväskylä University of Applied Sciences, Finland and Vania Tselepi from the Chalmers University of Technology, Gothenburg, Sweden.
At the Award Ceremony were also Andreas Slotte, Traffic Manager and Nina Liljeqvist, Marketing Manager from the Port of Helsinki and Kristina Nyström, Travel Commercial Manager from Stena Line.
The members of these two teams were awarded with following prizes: automatic acceptance as a finalists to the #Intelligencehunt4 with a first refusal to choose a case, or a free of charge seat as audience to the Finals 14.11.2018 on board M/S Silja Symphony at the Port of Helsinki, and 300 euros for both teams from the Funds of the Student Award Pool, sponsored by Wärtsilä, Finnlines, Stena RoRo.
SeaFocus congratulates both teams “Smart Helsinki” and “Aurora”!